Website Alexa Translations
Alexa Translations just listed a job advertisement for Alexa Translations Hiring Near Me – Data Engineer that will require candidates to work Full Time located in PK Remember to check the description thoroughly before submitting your job application form.
Job Title: Alexa Translations Hiring Near Me – Data Engineer
Company Name: Alexa Translations
Job Location: PK
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Translation and Localization
Job Link Expiry: 2023-01-30
Posted on: Jobpicks.online
About the job
About Alexa Translations:
Alexa Translations provides translation services in the legal, financial, and securities sectors by
leveraging proprietary A.I. technology and a team of highly specialized linguistic experts. Unmatched in speed and quality, our machine translation engine is best-in-class and specifically trained for the French-Canadian market. If that wasn’t enough, our technology is backed by two decades of award-winning client service.
About the Role:
The Data Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data
pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the R&D, Data and Analytics department. The Data Engineer builds data processing frameworks that handle the business’s growing database. He / She works with senior data science leadership as well as other Data and Analytics teams in leveraging data with reporting and scientific tools, for example, Tableau, R, and Spark and strives to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities.
- Responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the business’s data platforms.
- Implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business.
- Owns and extends the business’s data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets.
- Work with senior data science management and departments beyond the Data and Analytics department in analyzing and understanding data sources.
- Participating in design, and providing insights and guidance on database technology and data modeling best practices.
- Develops and manages scalable data processing platforms that he uses for exploratory data analysis and real-time analytics
- Builds a metadata system where all available data is maintained and cataloged.
- Developing ETL processes that convert data into formats through a team of data analysts and dashboard charts.
- Process unstructured data, clean data, extract features from labelled/unlabeled data.
- Prepare data for training machine learning models.
- Retrieves and analyzes data through the use of SQL, Excel, among other data management systems
- Builds data loading services for the purpose of importing data from numerous disparate data sources, inclusive of APIs, logs, relational, and non-relational databases
- Continual improvement of the business’s data platforms through his observations and well-researched knowledge.
- Monitor the existing metrics, analyze data, and lead partnership with other Data and Analytics teams in an effort to identify and implement system and process improvements.
- Development of reliable data pipelines that translate raw data into powerful features and signals.
- Designs, architects, implements, and supports key datasets that avail structured and timely access to actionable business insights
- Overseeing activities of the junior data engineering teams, ensuring proper execution of their duties and alignment with business vision and objectives
- Performs similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the Head of Data Science.
- Bachelor’s degree (masters’ preferred) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field.
- 5 years of working experience working in a data engineering department, preferably as a Data Engineer in a fast-paced environment and complex business setting.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining reliable and scalable ETL on big data platforms as well as experience working with varied forms of data infrastructure inclusive of relational databases such as SQL, Hadoop and Spark.
- Must also have had experience in data warehousing inclusive of dimensional modeling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages, for example, Python, Perl, and so forth
- Demonstrate machine learning experience and experience with big data infrastructure inclusive of MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, YARN, HBase, Oozie, etc
- Deep knowledge of data mining techniques, relational, and non-relational databases.
- Oversees and manages junior data engineering teams and to ensure effective management, he must be capable of conveying information and instructions clearly down the line to the junior team
- Sound understanding of building complex ETL pipelines using either open-source tools such as luigi and airflow or cloud based solution such as AWS Glue.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office products ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional skills in SQL server reporting services, analysis services, Tableau, Salesforce, integration services, or any other data visualization tools
- Ability to perform complex data analyses with large data volumes.
- Strong knowledge in Linux, OS tools, and file-system level troubleshooting.
- Substantial experience working with big data infrastructure tools such as Python, SQS, and Redshift.
- A suitable candidate will also be proficient Scala, Spark, Spark Streaming, AWS
- Result-driven individual, be passionate and a self-starter, be proactive requiring minimal supervision
- Working knowledge with CAT Tools such as: memoQ, SDL, Memsource
- Desire to continue to grow professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities
- AWS Cloud Applications and Services
Powered by JazzHR