BAT just listed a job advertisement for BAT Job Openings – BI Developer that will require candidates to work Full Time located in Lahore, Punjab, PK Remember to check the description thoroughly before submitting your job application form.
Job Title: BAT Job Openings – BI Developer
Company Name: BAT
Job Location: Lahore, Punjab, PK
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Tobacco Manufacturing
Job Link Expiry: 2023-01-30
Posted on: Jobpicks.online
About the job
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT PAK IS LOOKING FOR A BI DEVELOPER
SENIORITY LEVEL Non management position
LOCATION Lahore, Pakistan
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
BI Developer will be a key role in enabling data driven story telling in BAT. Role will be responsible to develop visualization using PowerBI revolving Descriptive and Diagnostic Dashboards.
Role is expected to develop, optimize BI infrastructure, data integrity/relationships, as well as reporting and business process architectures, enabling fit for purpose analytics and more effective insights delivery.
BI Developer is expected to be SME on ETL tools and assist Business Analyst in building End to End integrated, scalable solution to Functional Leaders Globally.
Key objectives are
- Create proactive and effective stakeholder engagement at all levels to maintain good relationships.
- Platform Management Team (Data Warehouse)
- Functional COEs
- Transformation Team
- APME and Global Users (Not co-located in Pakistan)
- Identify and actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes;
Reports to Marketing Transformation Team
Reporting Level N/A
What You Will Be Accountable For
- End to End Dashboard Development SDLC (Data to Dashboard), Strong developing knowledge of PowerQuery, M Language, DAX and PowerBI functions is a must
- Familiarity in developing dashboard with multiple data sources and communicate requirements to Data Anlyst or relevant team
- Perform diagnostic on existing excel reports, develop solutions, perform implementation and monitor validation processes to ensure data integrity and optimal performance
- Perform all phases of the ETL process to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and global templates
- Assist Business Analyst in performing feasibility study, POC development, provide recommendation and consultation to stakeholders
- Collaborate with Data Analyst and Platform Team to enable rapid BI Developments
- Maintain internal processes and quality standards documentation to ensure process controls and audits are up to date and aligned to BAT standards
- Contribute in the development of SDLC, Project Governance Files and Templates
- Build data governance checkpoints and contribute in building Operating Model
- Effectively manage multiple stringent project timelines in fast paced business environment
- Continuously strive to improve current tools and methodologies improve analysis of information
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Data Science, Marketing, Finance, Analytics or related field.
- At least 2-3 years prior experience within a similar role
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Strong Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement, and Resouceful Mindset
- Experience in using direct query with Database Infrastructure i.e. Snowflake, Azure Blob
- Strong Expertise in using PowerBI, including integration with PowerApps and PowerAutomate are preferred
- Hands-on Developing Experience with Microsoft Products (Excel, PowerBI, Sharepoints, PowerAutomate, PowerApps, Excel Macro, PowerQuery)
- Comfortable with numbers and good analytical sense
- Experience in developing product using agile methodologies and ways of working
- Forum Contributor would be an added advantage
- Exposure to Alteryx, Dataiku, MicroStrategy would be a plus
- Good Understanding of Data Structure, Transformation and Architecture
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!